Friday, March 5, 2010

Ninjas

Me: so, new topic. unicorns and puppies!

Not Me: And the BEAUTIFUL BABIES THEY CREATE.
(Setting aside the obvious inter-species sex difficulties.)

Me: that's where the power of SCIENCE! comes in if we can make glowing monkeys, we can make baby unicorns with big puppy dog feet and waggly tails and wet noses. and they stab you accidentaly when they come snuggle

N.M.: But, see, being unicorns, they can turn off the stabby when they come to snuggle someone that they love, and they turn it back on when attacking hippies, mimes, and Wall Street stock brokers. For instance.

Me: no big thing. in fact, it's a feature. teaches the kids to be quick.
oh
my
god.
ok, so my brother was going into this pet store right? and as he's approaching the door there's this kid, like 4-5, who's standing just inside the automatic doors.
just standing there.
still.
until they forget that he's there, and close
*cleek* kid locks the door.
his mom is like "OHMYGOD I'm so sorry blah blah"
B is like "dude....that's genius, your kid's a Ninja!

N.M.: *snort

Me: then... as B is looking at rodents and they have that island of cages, the kid is tearing ass around the store, speeds round the corner and stops MILIMETRES from my brothers knee....looks up, takes off.....
mom again "OMG I'm so sorry etc."
B, "umm....my knee would have totally won that, and two, your kid has got lightening reflexes.
he totally wanted to be like, "when your child is 6, bring him to the stairs at the foot of the mountain that I might teach him the ways of the Ninja"


N.M.: I dunno. I might have been a little upset, but good for your brother for being Zen.

Me: no...dude.....you CAN'T be pissed at that. The small person figured out the auto door and how to hack it. that's AWESOME!
He shows problem solving and reasoning skill beyond his years, and the knack to use them for evil.
one of us, one of us

N.M.: Except that, in his zeal to hack the door, he's preventing me from smoothly performing my daily tasks.
I'd initially be upset.
Is all I'm saying.

Me: if smoothly performing your daily tasks prevents you from seeing and appreciating brief moments of awesome.....your daily tasks are totally running
your life
is all I'm saying


The End