Thursday, March 18, 2010

Back in the bread line

My contract ended yesterday. Was going to go until June, but later that day I found out that the thing needs to be tweaked so the other thing can work and use the things we've been doing (does this violate my NDC?)
So I'm trying to get in gear around the house. I felt less lonely in a quiet cube farm because I could talk to people online. My house is empty. I like having people in it. I like it when people come over and just do their thing and chat while I clean. It makes it more fun. I used to do things like drunken house-cleaning but then I eventually forgot to get around to the second part.
------

It's a bit more under control at the moment. back and forth with the chatting and the getting things done seems to work. I know my brain is happier when I have less clutter, my house seems ot reflect my inner state, and the other way 'round.
Tomorrow I'll be updating my resume and availability with the temp agencies, applying for any jobs on my usual haunts and praying that something comes along before I have to deal with the dicks at unemployment for too long. I'm not working at the school this quarter for a few reasons, among them that the job costs me more than it made me last quarter. I have to pay back ~$600 from winter break because I had a "promise of the same work next quarter" and thus, though I'm making paid claims during the quarter as I work, when I'm not getting paid by the school I don't need to get paid by unemployment either, right? They can't seem to figure out how the jobs with education work, esp in the ad hoc grader/PT tutor department, so I'll just leave it for now. I need to look for something full time with weekends anyway.

I had something profound I was going to say on the matter. alas, all my give-a-shit has been sublimated into domesticity and there's none left to make with the pretty words.
I want a garden this year, with proper beds.
I want a clean shed and house without loads of extra baggage reminding me of all the things I've never gotten to.
I want my home to reflect the mindset I want to have .
I want to stop being paralyzed by the things that should/could be and live what is.
I want the stories in my hands to make it onto a page.

No comments: