Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Borrowed Faith

I seem to do things back to back, stack 'em up and get it out. Life likes to double up on miscarriages, the death of friends, jobs coming and going and other things of a sucktastic nature. Recently it's been a bit of heartache, back to back like two phoenix bursting into flames. My birds are looking poorly at the moment, and yes they'll grow back into something beautiful, but right now my life smells like burnt feathers. Turns out the anxiety of my birds is based on similar things, and the best course of action is to listen to the runes and sit still for a while.

So, I've decided to spend a little time on myself. A wise woman told me about a tradition of looking into the seven basic emotions that make up human experience, and how they connect over a course of 49 days. I've decided to spent the next 18 weeks until Mr. H's school ends working on what I've got, clearing out my house and my head. Putting new things on hold for now so I can juggle what I have with more grace and beauty, and perhaps become more of what I'm trying to convince the people I care about that I am. If I make room, maybe new things will fit better.

No comments: